Mainamoti is a famous Buddhist archeologiscal site. It is call the seat of lost dynastic. About 8 km to the west of Cumilla town lies a range of low hills known as the Mainamoti Lalmai ridge. Mainamoti is known to be at the heart of the spread of the Buddhist dynasty and it’s culture. Ages ago this site was the light of knowledge, provide them with knowledge of Humanities, Science & Arts. Our medical college was established to accomplish similar mission: empower the youth through spreading the light of knowledge and hence named afeter the historical site Mainamoti. We aim to provide quality education and take forward our mission to embrace humanity.
Establsihment: In the Year 2011
Approval: By Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Govt. of people Republic of Bangladesh
Affiliation: University of Chittagong, Bangladesh
Recognization: Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BM&DC)
Distance from capital city Dhaka: 96 Km
Number of Student Seat: 100
Hospital Bed: 500
Admission Requirement for Session 2019-20
Bangladeshi Candidates should have minimum GPA=9.00 combined in SSC & HSC (Separately minimum 3.50 in each) examinations or equivalent and have GPA=3.50 in Biology. Students passed SSC before the year 2010 are not eligible to apply.
Students with ‘O’ & ‘A’ level must give the attested photocopy of the equivalence certificate issued from the office of the Director General of Healt Services, Mohakhali, Dhaka as a document of their eligibility. Announcement for admission will appear in the national daily newspapers. Eligibility for admission in MBBS/BDS course in Bangladesh Govt. Medical & Dental College approved by the health & Family Welfare Ministry.
As per formulation by the Govt. of Bangladesh the following requirements for admission in MBBS course in the Govt. & non Govt. Medical Colleges.
- Eligibility of Candidates is as follows:
- Students who have passed SSC in 2015 and HSC in 2017 or 2014 and 2016 respectively and should have total 9.00(Minimum requirement of GPA in SSC or HSC is 3.50 )
- All tribal students and residents of hilly District who have passed SSC in 2015 and HSC in 2017 or 2014 and 2016 respectively and should have total GPA 8.00 (minimum requirement of GPA in SSC or HSC is 3.00)
- Students having O level & A level qualifications should apply with certificate of equivalence issued from the Director General, Directorate of health Servies, Mohakhali, Dhaka-1212
- In case of national/ Foreign students, admission will be invalid if any document is found to be false or wrong, before or after admission. No extra national/Foreign students will be admitted in excess of the number already specified by the Government of Bangladesh.
Director general of Health Service of Government of Bangladesh has conducted a central written admission test at national level, to find out eligible candidates for admission in the government and non-government medical colleges for the session 2018-19. They have published a merit list for eligible candidates. Those who will apply from this list to get admission in Mainamoti Medical College will be selected by college authority according to their merits.
College Fees ( General)
Information regarding admission fees & others including hostel accommodation fees for the 2018-19 will be available in college office.
Mode of Payment:
All payments will be made by PAY ORDER in favor of “Mainamoti Medical College & Hospital, Comilla”
Documents to be submitted by the candidates with the application form.
For admission in 1st year MBBS class the local students will apply in prescribed form (To be collected from office) and submit along with the following documents:
- Attested photocopy of SSC & HSC / Equivalent Examination Certificate/ Testimonial.
- 4(Four) copies of recent passport size attested photographs.
At the time of admission all the original documents will be retained by the college Until verification or passing of 1st professional examination whichever is latter.
During the five years MBBS course, the University of Chittagong will conduct four professional examinations namely:
- The First Professional MBBS Examination at the end of 1 years.
- The Second Professional MBBS Examination at the end of 2 years.
- The third Professional MBBS Examination at the end of 3 and half years.
- The final professional MBBS Examination at the end of 5 years
There will be two Professional Examinations in the:
- First week of May and
- First week of November each year.
- MBBS course will be of 5 years duration plus 01(one) year Internship training
Fees for Foreign Students 2018-19:
|1||At the time of Seat Booking (Non Refundable)||$ 2,000|
|2||At the time of Admission||$ 10,000|
|3||Within 31st July 2019||$ 7,500|
|4||Within 31st July 2020||$ 7,500|
|5||Within 31st July 2021||$ 5,500|
|6||Within 31st July 2022||$ 5,500|
Terms & Conditions:
- Tution and Hostel fee included but food cost (Canteen/Restaurant/Mess) will be paid by the candidates.
- Students have to pay all examination & other fees imposed by the Chittagong Medical University during the tenure of Academic Course.
- Students who fail to come out successful during a regular period of 05 years will become irregular. They have to pay $1000.00 (One Thousand US Dollars) as session fee per year in addition to usual monthly tution fees.
- Foreign Students, interested to undergo internship training in Mainamoti Medical College Hospital will have to pay additional fees as per prevailing rules of Governments of Bangladesh.
- All financial transactions should be made of Governments of Bangladesh.